- Ensure that the organization’s strategic plan, mission, vision, and values are communicated to the team.
- Articulate and communicate to the team the assignments, projects, problems to be solves, actionable events, milestones, and/or program issues under review.
- Serve as IT Systems Analysis expert serving as an authority and expert in IT systems management and development providing advice and counsel.
- Serve as an IT program authority in the area of intranet design, content management, workflow automation and web reporting and analysis.
- Oversees the operation of server administration of DEA application, database and web hosted servers; user support functions; and, software and hardware inventory.
- Responsible for managing network configuration, filesystem configuration, advanced filesystems management, security storage area networks and hardware architecture.
- Take the lead in diagnosing causes of complex, critical server and desktop computer problems and devising innovative solutions for their resolution, …
In order to qualify for a Lead Information Technology Specialist, GS-2210-14 level you must meet the following:
Have IT related experience demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience obtained in either the private or public sector, and/or completion of specific, intensive training that demonstrates that I possess each of the following four competencies:1. Attention to Detail – is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail;2. Customer Service – Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services;3. Oral Communication – Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately; and4. Problem Solving – identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition, at the GS-14, you must meet the following:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-13 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector typically gained in the IT field or through performing IT related tasks such as: planning, developing, and implementing information technology systems and applications; managing projects for the development of information technology systems and applications; managing activities to improve the effectiveness of information technology systems and services; conducting systems analysis of requirements and capabilities; providing information technology systems administration and configuration functions; and, coordinating and collaborating with others on the provisions of information technology systems and services…