Project Background Overview:
Provide Content and Configuration support for the EHR and associated clinical information systems to Defense Health Agency (DHA) Health Informatics (HI) organization to include interfacing with Government officials to include program offices both in-agency and inter-agency, other Defense Health Agency, and DoD service entities. The project shall support the management, integration, and stabilization of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) core areas and all Clinical Information Systems in the DHA portfolio. The contractor shall work across clinical domains, internal organizations, governance bodies, federal agencies, and commercial organizations to provide strategic and operational guidance to DHA Health Informatics leadership on how best to increate operational efficiency for information technology and improve patient engagement. The contractor shall also support the Technology Management and Integration Branch under DHA HI in providing change management, knowledge management, working groups support, content development, configuration process support and relationship management with internal and external organizations.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Subject Matter Expert (Informaticist)
- Have the ability to handle demanding situations with clarity, focus and professionalism, and to respond quickly to quick turnaround taskers
- Participates in special projects as required
- Possess a broad understanding of the clinical/business workflows and human factors/usability standards of the current and emerging systems utilized in the organization. Has the knowledge, 8 DHA PWS Template V8 February 18, 2020 skills, and proficiency to understand the purpose, features, functions, benefits, and limitations of our clinical information systems.
- Has experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR)/Electronic Medical Record (EMR)/Electronic Dental Record (EDR) systems as well as relevant supporting HIT systems
- Ability to lead the authorship on a work plan and lead it through the approval process with minimal additional support.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and integrate key organizational factors; including political, economic, social, technological, and administrative, to drive performance improvements, business objectives, and overarching MHS Enterprise Informatics Strategy…