“Health technology has never felt more prevalent or more important than in today’s current climate. The COVID-19 pandemic has heightened awareness of the need to revamp and disrupt legacy infrastructure by utilizing modern information technology. As healthcare professionals and systems experience an uncommon amount of strain, how can the latest technological advances help tackle government’s most pressing challenges? Could modernization initiatives help government approach pandemic response and preparedness, improve benefit services and even collect critical health data through water waste? Federal agencies are applying emerging technologies, such as AI, cloud and DevOps, to transform everything from telehealth to contact tracing to electronic health record systems. During this first event in the Future Focused Tech series, Nextgov delved into how modern technologies will enhance the healthcare of tomorrow.”
- Sheri Lewis, Manager of Health Protection and Assurance Program Area, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
- Jeff Fossum, Senior Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Brad Houston, Deputy Chief Information Officer, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Eddie Pool, Executive Director for Solution Delivery, the Office of Information Technology, Department of Veterans Affairs
- Susan K. Gregurick, Associate Director for Data Science and Director of the Office of Data Science Strategy, National Institutes of Health
Watch the event recording here.
Source: Future Focused Tech: Health – Nextgov.